Thursday, February 14, 2008

LISSA’S: Dear Me,

Dear Me,


If I could write a letter to me....and send it back to myself at 17....first I'd prove it's me by saying there's a scar above my right eye that I got from a bad case of chicken pox.


And then I'd say I know it's tough to be accepted in school and you have very little self esteem.  And yeah I know you would really like to be accepted by the popular kids.. it just doesn't seem fair...but you'll soon discover as well as them...that we are all individual people that have a puropse in life!


And oh you got so much going for you, going right.  But I know at 17 it's hard to see past those lousy jobs as a gas station attendant.  Which will all someday - somehow - qualify you for the best job of your life....being a needed stay at home mother.


And all the one night stands will lead you to find the one and only true love of your life, your soul mate, the man that completes you - Bill....who will give you two incredible children, Trey and Matt, and possibly a baby girl in the near future.


Begin each morning on your knees and give thanks to God for all your blessings...for He is Your greatest source of strength.  And end each evening on bended knees...giving thanks for another day...only after checking in on your kids...that they are safely tucked tightly into bed, kissing them on the forehead and whispering words of encouragement and love for even though they won't hear it in their sleep, they can never hear it enough.  For as a proud parent, they truly will be your greatest accomplishments.


P.S.  Even though you know as a teenager it's normal to be somewhat embarrassed of your parents...go hug your mom and dad every chance you can.  Tell them how much you love them and appreciate their sacrifices.  As you grow and mature, you will learn all too much about a thing called Alzheimers that they could be stricken with, and the parents who nursed your every cut and bruise and knew every hair on your head someday may not even recognize your face, your voice, or your name.


Life is not a spectator sport.  Live like you were dying.  Love 'til it hurts.  Dance like no one's watching.


If I could write a letter to me..................
Love, Me.

No comments: