Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BILL'S: The Problem with Eavesdropping

This is going to be the beginning of my new series I am calling WIHAT, or What I Hate About Texoma.

The other day I am working in my department and this guy comes in wearing a shirt from a pizza company I have never heard of, talking very loudly on his cell phone. His conversations quickly caught my attention, as he exclaimed "They will only publish what they want to publish. People like you and me have no chance." Not exactly sure what he was talking about, I came back a few moments later to overhear him talking about Conspiracy Theories.

Okay, I love conspiracy theories, so I hung around to hear what he had in mind. I found out I quickly had a lot to learn about everything I thought I already knew. According to this guy, Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the plane hijackings and the attack on the Twin Towers. That was all a rouse. No the real fault was with the Government's Human Services program. Yes, the people who come in and take children away from their "innocent parents" were the ones responsible for the attacks. They just needed someone to blame, so they went after bin Laden.

The second conspiracy theory was more interesting. Jesus Christ was a lie. This was an invention of the government who are trying to get us to follow their beliefs by inventing "Christianity". The true name of God is Joshua, and it was the title the government had stolen from the true religion a long time ago. It was done by an organization who controls the government and religion. Religion wasn't really free, but his organization wanted to make sure that there would be a "mosque on every street corner for everyone to go in and pray freely in front of the government and they would not be able to stop them. Then religion would be completely free."

I found out that this guy was a member of an organization who watches for bullshit like this. They are "focused" on exposing the government for all of it's lies. The only problem they have is the fact that "assholes" infiltrate organizations for the sole purpose of thwarting their actions and keeping good guys down. But again, they were "focused" on finding these "assholes" and bringing them to justice. He told the guy on the phone that his "little group" that he is responsible for has "300-400" followers who meet underground. He assured the caller that all of his followers were ordained and able to fight in the name of God. He also made sure that the caller knew that they watched out for these infiltrating "assholes" and if any made their way into his group, his group would go undercover and move to a secret location. He was ready to deal with that problem.

He found out that the caller had an "asshole" that was causing him problems at his job. So, the cheery pizza guy told him that if he wanted to take care of the "asshole" all he needed to do was to find out who the guy was. Then he is to try to get close to him, be his friend. Find out what he likes to do, where he comes from, where he lives, what kind of car he drives, and what his license plate is. The caller would need to call back the pizza guy with the information and he would take care of the rest.

As the guy finished up, the pizza guy told his caller that his organization was currently getting ready to change the world. He was in place to make these changes. Apparently David Koresh had it all wrong. David Koresh placed all of his minions in one small ranch and then he limelighted which brought attention to himself. Therefore the government was ready for him, and were able to take him out. No, this guy has corrected all the mistakes. With soldiers everywhere, ready to attack. They were all waiting low until the right time, and then on command, they were all going to rise and attack and make this a truely free world.

At this point in time, I ran to find help, and of course, the guy disappeared. I think he realized I had been listening to him and had ran to fetch the "assholes".

Okay, maybe this is an extreme view, but this is a good reason to hate Texoma. Is this the only reason, no. It is only the beginning. Because the people I told about this guy did not want to do anything about it. No, but to my surprise, they started defending him. They tried to rationalize this guy's beliefs and how he could be correct. I am sitting here saying that he just said that he would help a guy "take care of an asshole when he found out the asshole's license plate" and that he was "in place to take out the government." In my world, these are terroristic threats. To the people up here, he is a neighbor, a brother, a friend. I don't believe that our own government was against us on September 11, 2001, but talking to my fellow assoicates, you would be amazed. Yes, this may be an extreme view, but it is a popular view. People here have no independent thought, and follow the ones who have an original thought, no matter the insanity level of the beliefs.

Why do I hate Texoma? Psychos, terrorists, and followers... oh, my.

No comments: