Friday, February 29, 2008

LISSA’S: ...and now that I’ve calmed down somewhat...

Okay now that I've calmed down quite a bit.. I'll write another blog of current issues on my mind.


I'm sorry about the last blog I posted where every other word was F*ck.  But this is the state of mind I have been driven to living here in Texoma.  I will be the first to admit in a psychiatric office that I DO have a problem.  I've had a problem building now for about 3 years.  I've wanted out of Texoma for that long and it's so frustrating when you know that you are stuck.  We've tried selling our places now for many years.... yes.. YEARS.  Having to live in a region where you do is nothing but hate does get to a person.  I know I am much better than the region will let me be.


Since we've lived in Texoma, I've learned the true stupidity of humans.  Funny thing is, only the people that are not from here, or that has seen better places, know exactly what I am talking about.  Most everyone here thinks there is no problems, no crime and it's all happy-go lucky land of wealth.  Sadly, this is not the case.  This region has more problems than it can begin to see.  The landscapes, properties and people are in poverty.  Most no one is willing to get out and clean up the area.. starting with their own homes.  98% of homes and properties you drive by has trash of some kind sitting in the lawns and front porches.  Their vehicles are in so much better condition than their houses.  The houses are leaning, about to fall in, paint looks so old that you can't tell what color it used to be (well the paint chips that haven't fallen off of the houses that is).  But at least their car has a brand spanking new paint job, rad lighting system and one kick-ass stereo and speaker system!


People around here say.."Poverty?  What poverty?  Not here!  There are many wonderful jobs and opportunities here!".. Okay, let me analyze this...  from the eyes of a former Texomite!  A guy that is from this region has recently moved to Houston where his wife's family is from.  He used to work at Sign Warehouse in Denison, Texas with my father.  He still keeps in touch with my father.  He has even told my dad that Houston is SO much better than all of Texoma put together.  That he didn't realize how much he was suffering in Texoma until he actually got out.  He says he no longer struggles paycheck to paycheck now and that he has money and opportunities to do whatever he wants.  See, the only jobs that are available are restaurant and retail.  Guaranteed minimum wage.  And you might as well forget having a life, as you are guaranteed working nights and weekends.  Hmm, a life where my job pays me minimum wadge and takes away my life... yeah, this is the kind of job and life I want (sarcasm)!


Texoma has successfully wrecked my credit.  I had A+ credit, and now that I made the HUGE HUGE mistake of buying a home in Texoma, I've had to let it go back because no sensible person wants to buy our place... even though the price was the lowest in town... LITERALLY!  I mean where in Texas (or USA for that matter) can you find 5 acres of land and a 4 year old home (3/2 w/office & dining room) for $70,000??  No where but ours.  Part of our problem: Location Location Location.  Texoma sucks and no one wanted to live here.  Also I know a lot of our problem was the Realtors... which again brings me back to the Texomite theory.  None of the Texoma Realtors knew what they were doing, or they just didn't care... like a majority of Texomites.  So needless to say my credit is shot (thanks Texoma) and I will probably have a very hard time getting a home in Houston.  But I will tell you this.  I am all for living in our car, or even on the streets if I have to.  Anything.....ANYTHING to get out of Texoma.


Grayson County has a major problem and thinks that it is located in Oklahoma.  Everything up here is Oklahoma... even the news.  Like my parents have said.. I'm ready to move to Houston so that I can live in Texas!


Texoma is scared of Houston.  All of the crime is located there.  But there is no such thing as crime in Texoma... according to Texomites.  I've seen many many crimes here.  But in Texoma, it's something to be proud of.. since the youth is taught at an early age to steal, do drugs and play mailbox baseball.  It seems like the mailboxes here get destroyed weekly.  We've called the Grayson County Sheriff, but they could care less... AS USUAL.  Our neighbors sit out in their front lawn in a circle passing a joint around... but the Grayson County Sheriff don't care.... AS USUAL.  Our neighbors are property tax evaders.. but the Grayson County Sheriff and Grayson County Tax Assessor John Ramsey don't care.... AS USUAL  Cars are getting broken into and vandalized daily...but the Grayson County Sheriff don't care..AS USUAL.  Murders and assaults are constantly happening around the region.. but the Grayson County Sheriff doesn't care...AS USUAL.  Oh, but all of the crime is in Houston.. not here, right?  If there is no crime here, then I must be called to jury duty for a time waster, right?


Another "according to Texoma": Something else that constantly happens in Houston is really bad weather.  "There is so much flooding, daily hurricanes.. Oh Lord how can anyone possibly live down there.  When you can live in Texoma and it's beautiful, sunny and a pleasant 74 degrees 24/7?"  Another Texomite denial:  constant grass fires, tornadoes, occasional flooding and yes, even an occasional earthquake.  Oh but none of this has ever happened in Texoma, right?  Tell me one thing.  If the weather is perfect here 24/7, then why do Texomites flood stores and shop like it's doomsday when a simple shower crosses this region??  Also, if there is a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico that is slated to head to Texas, why do Texomites act like it's about to land in Texoma first and destroy everything?  Are you people (?) afraid that much of a little rain?  Is it because you're afraid that something in this awful region might get washed??


Another issue boggling my mind is this whole presidential fiasco.  All of the mud slinging the Democrats are doing to each other. 


Barack Obama.. well first of all I have a major problem with him.  He is running nothing but a popularity contest (which is not surprisingly fueled by Oprah Winfrey).  All of these issues he says he will do when he gets elected.  I think it's all pep talk just to get him elected.  I can almost see it when he does get elected president.  He will sit back and not know what to do, but still wear that phony smile he smiles, and the American public won't know what hit them.  Oh America will (and is) going to shit... but we have a black man that has huge white teeth that can give one hell of a fake smile.  Secondly I can't understand WHY WHY WHY America would choose a leader that has a Muslim name... and one that is so close to the Muslim that caused 9/11???  I dunno folks, I see a MAJOR problem with that.  Alright everyone, buy your copy of the Koran today and be prepared because once Barack gets elected, freedom of religion will only be a page in history books and Muslim will be the next big, cool and happening thing in America, because hey, Barack Obama does it, so it must be right and okay....... right?!?

Hillary Clinton... oh Lord.  She is trying too hard for her race.  The latest thing she has done is a cheap scare tactic using kids... and oh the Obama supporters are all over it.  But she is trying everything she can because Obama has pretty much brainwashed America... walking around like zombies with a glazed look in their eye, chanting "Yes We Can!".   Yes We Can... what??  You say you can.....WHAT??  Barack has no experience in the White House.  He just reminds me of some pop icon that tries to see how popular he can get.. Hillary has actually been in the White House and has experience.  Yeah, her cheating husband Bill couldn't keep his "cigar" in his pants, but Hillary was about business.


Republicans...  well growing up I was Republican because my parents are strong Republicans.  As I grew up I realized how ridiculous politics are.  So as a late teen to mid 20's I wasn't anything.  I was one of those that refuse to vote because voting will get you shit with salt, or shit with pepper.  A big part of me still believes that.  But now that I've lived through two terms of George W., I have decided I like the Democratic thinking.  I hate Bush and his way.  I know I am not alone and I know he is responsible for turning some Republicans to the Democratic party.


Okay, well I wasn't going to vote this time around either... that is until I see Barack starting to win the Democratic race.  This has pushed me and my husband to vote this year.  If Barack wins the Democratic side, then Bill (a very strong believing Democrat) and I will be voting Republican.  That way when the shit does hit the fan with Obama in office, we can sit back and say, "Hey, we told you so.. don't look at us for America's problems!".


Okay... I vented, and without using "f*ck"!  Yay!

No comments: