Monday, November 12, 2007

LISSA'S: New to this "Blogging" Thing

Okay, so I've never really understood this blogging thing. Even the word sounds like something regurgitated from a bad sci-fi movie. So what do I type? Well I am madly in love with my husband Bill. He is in love with me, at least that's what he leads me to believe every second of the day and night.

Well I'm sure just by looking at our page you can figure out my interests. Some of them I find to be deeper than interests. Sometimes it's even been called an obsession. Okay, maybe I do consider Tears For Fears an obsession. It's one that I've had since about 1985 when their Songs From The Big Chair came out.

Unfortunately I was too young to remember when The Hurting came out and when Roland and Curt were in the British ska band Graduate. But I have been up with them every since. Roland released his first solo album Elemental under Tears For Fears, and when I got it, Curt was no where to be found. It about killed me when I got the news that they had broken up and went solo. It was like telling me that my best friend had died. I had heard that Curt had his solo cd Soul On Board. I spent most of my high school years searching for this cd. It was no where to be found because the United States didn't support the release of Curt's solo cd. I couldn't even special order it at a record store. Finally, years later thanks to Ebay, I now have this hard to find cd! Well now they have reunited again and I couldn't be happier. I just hope they stay together long enough and have a concert close enough that I can go to it. If that happens I can die a very happy woman. I've never been to a concert in my life, and I would LOVE for TFF to be my first.

One of the reasons we started this My Space page was so that I can be somehow connected with Tears For Fears. Yeah, it sounds crazy. My most proud friend I have is my 1st in my list: Curt Smith. I wrote him an email, and I pray that I get some kind of response from him. I know in reality that he probably gets hundreds if not thousands of messages and it's impossible for him to read or respond to all of them. I wish Roland had a page. Don't get me wrong, I like everyone I have added. If I didn't I would have never requested you. I just wish more of you would leave some kind of funny or unique comment. Be nice about it though..... hahahaha........

I guess once you get the hang of this blogging thing, you fill a page without even realizing it. When I do these bloggings, I will probably be just mostly bitching (especially about Texoma and Wal Mart), seeing how that's what I do best!

No comments: